I live a pretty crazy, busy, hectic life..as many of you can relate to I’m sure. One thing that keeps me sane is routine!
I started trying to be healthier last January, around when my daughter turned 6 months old. I started slowly but have learned to love living a healthy lifestyle.
Last week on instastories I shared what I do every morning, to start my day.
- Workout. I wake up early with my kids. We are up for the day by 6:00 AM usually. Both my husband and I work full time from home so we take an hour to feed and get them dressed. He then gets them out the door to their daycare. While he is gone, I use this time to squeeze in a workout. I have about an hour where I can do this and I utilize it because I always feel better and less anxious after I work out.
- After my workout, I drink tbsp or apple cider vinegar. I also make it a point to finish a full bottle of water during my workout. Hydration is key to so much! The ACV really helps with digestion and helps to de-bloat. I’ve been doing this for about 8 months now and I have a love/hate relationship with it.
- Collagen/ protein/ coffee shake. I know there are a million variations of this protein shake out there but I just love it. So for mine, I do the following:
- 1 cup of Starbucks cold brew or iced coffee
- 1 scoop chocolate or vanilla protein
- 1/2 a frozen banana
- 1 scoop of collagen
- 1/2 scoop of PB2
- Splash of almond milk
Doing these few things is key to how I start my mornings. I also swear by Kombucha and usually have one a day, it’s slowly putting me into debt but YOLO.
At the start of the summer my husband and I decided to do a little mini-trip with our kids this summer. Our kids are wild, like want to scream at top of their lungs everywhere they go type wild. . . So we approached this idea with hesitation.
Nevertheless, we decided a trip to Sesame Place would need to happen. We live in upstate NY so from our house to Sesame it’s 4.5 hours. Kellan (age 3) did great in the car for the most part and really enjoyed our hotel stay. We made the hotel stay into a “big deal” for him so he loved it and swimming in the pool. Marley was a bit more difficult to please for almost 5 hours. Key item for both kids: A LOT OF SNACKS.
After doing two nights at our hotel and one day at Sesame Place we headed to the Jersey Shore! It was about an hour drive from our hotel in Princeton, NJ. We chose to rent an air BNB for our one night stay in Belmar Beach.
It rained the Tuesday we got to the shore which was kind of a bummer. I had wanted to do the aquarium in Point Pleasant, NJ but the line was CRAY, my kids and lines=hell. So we chose to just walk around on the boardwalk, played some mini-golf, ate lunch and then went to our air BNB to check in.
It cleared up Tuesday afternoon so we did get a little beach in that day. Luckily, Wednesday morning my kids woke up BRIGHT and early and it was beautiful out. We packed right up and headed to the beach at 7:00AM.
We had to head home Wednesday so we stayed at the beach a few hours. Just enough time for this lady to eat handfuls of sand while simultaneously throwing it into her hair 🙈
If you are looking for quick kid friendly trips this one was great! Message or comment if you’d like any direct recommendations about our hotel, Air BNB, places we ate, etc.
This weekend flew by and I was not prepared in any way shape or form for today to be Monday.
This post is going to be majorly centered around my husband so maybe I should introduce him.
His name is Warner and he’s pretty good. Like, at everything. Yep, one of THOSE people. He literally can not fail at anything but he makes everyone around him smile. This was us Friday night, we had dinner with friends for his birthday.
Warner is traveling for work until Wednesday. Side note, husband’s traveling for work should not be a thing. Can we all agree on this?
We spent our weekend celebrating Warner’s birthday with family. We also may have squeezed in some mini-golf and lunch time ice cream (when Dad is away, it’s do whatever to avoid meltdowns!)