There are so many decisions we as parents make each and every day regarding our kids. While not all of those decisions are controversial, many decisions we make can leave parents divided.
One hot topic is how much screen time is too much? Before I was a parent I was of the mindset that “my child will watch TV/iPads when he or she is 10”. This just isn’t realistic in this day and age, screens and phones are everywhere.
Marley fell asleep watching her favorite, Bubble Guppies.
Therefore, we try to set realistic standards for our kids. Marley is 15 months and Kellan is 3 and they both love their “screen time”, this includes TV watching, iPads, playing on our phones and watching DVD’s in the car. We do our best to limit our kids to certain time periods and time frames that they can use these different devices.
I’ve been on the hunt for educational iPad apps that I could feel good about letting my kids play with and watch. Enter KidloLand , this application has been a lifesaver for me! It’s full of educational games, stories, songs, puzzles, and so much more! Kellan is obsessed with trucks and cars and there are tons of games that are great for his age. I was so surprised at how quickly he picked up on the games, his favorite game involves playing the role of a fireman and helping put out fires.
Not only has Kidloland been great for him, my daughter loves to dance and sing along with their nursery rhymes. There are endless choices for them, and I don’t have to have #momguilt as they play around on the iPad because they’re not just watching random videos but actually learning!
Now I may be in the market for another iPad! 😂
To download Kidloland app visit any of the following links:
Google Play Store
The first official day of Fall is this week! It has felt like Fall in upstate NY for a few weeks now, but still making it “official” is one step closer to WINTER!
I wanted to share some of the “Fall Fun” we plan to do this season as well as some things we have already done!
1. Football! We look forward to Football season all-year round. My husband is a big fan and he is slowly turning the kids into little fans. We have already attended one game this season!
2. SCHOOL! Kellan started school a few weeks ago and it’s been a fun transition for us all. We are newbies to school so I’m sure I’ll be #overit by the end of the year. But, for now, we are enjoying the fundraising, book fairs, and daily chats about school.
3. Apple picking! Upstate NY has no shortage of great apple orchards. We have a couple to choose from within a few miles of our house. A lot of the orchards also offer cider, tractor rides, homemade goodies and pumpkin picking! This is all right up my families alley. I’m trying to contain myself and not go EVERY weekend but it’s so fun!
So, clearly we have had no shortage of “Fall Fun” already and it’s only Mid-September! Things I’d love to do still:
- Pumpkin picking
- Trick or treating
- More leaf pile jumping
- Apple pie making
- Lots of fall walks because #winteriscoming
Share your favorite fall actitives in the comments! I’m sure I’m missing so many awesome ones.
Can we all agree that breakfast is life? I’m obsessed with this meal and it’s usually my largest meal of the day. I try to fill up on healthy carbs, protein, fiber, etc.
Since I shared on Instagram that I had started a weight loss/healthy lifestyle journey a year ago; I’ve had a few questions come my way about what my eating/workout routine looks like. I had previously shared how I get my day started in this post. Let’s start with the best meal of the day . . .
1. Van’s Protein Waffles– I eat one of these everyday, sometimes two a day. They make quick, healthy eating possible. I like to top mine with almond butter and a half of a banana.
2. Peanut Butter Overnight Oats– I always thought I was one of those people that could only do hot oatmeal. I was wrong, this recipe is my LIFE, I have it memorized and basically eat this daily. I do change up the protein based on what I have on hand. I can tell you, just as good with chocolate or vanilla.
3. Half of a grapefruit- Need I say more? Seriously the best citrus and so good for you. I eat this daily, I really saw a boost in my metabolism once I started eating this and I crave this fruit now.
These are basically my go to’s because I’m busy and these are quick. I have other favorites too! See below quick round up. . .
- Turkey bacon, about 4 slices
- Green smoothie with this protein
Share your breakfast favorites in the comments! Always open to ALL the breakfast ideas.