The first official day of Fall is this week! It has felt like Fall in upstate NY for a few weeks now, but still making it “official” is one step closer to WINTER!
I wanted to share some of the “Fall Fun” we plan to do this season as well as some things we have already done!
1. Football! We look forward to Football season all-year round. My husband is a big fan and he is slowly turning the kids into little fans. We have already attended one game this season!
2. SCHOOL! Kellan started school a few weeks ago and it’s been a fun transition for us all. We are newbies to school so I’m sure I’ll be #overit by the end of the year. But, for now, we are enjoying the fundraising, book fairs, and daily chats about school.
3. Apple picking! Upstate NY has no shortage of great apple orchards. We have a couple to choose from within a few miles of our house. A lot of the orchards also offer cider, tractor rides, homemade goodies and pumpkin picking! This is all right up my families alley. I’m trying to contain myself and not go EVERY weekend but it’s so fun!
So, clearly we have had no shortage of “Fall Fun” already and it’s only Mid-September! Things I’d love to do still:
- Pumpkin picking
- Trick or treating
- More leaf pile jumping
- Apple pie making
- Lots of fall walks because #winteriscoming
Share your favorite fall actitives in the comments! I’m sure I’m missing so many awesome ones.
Can we all agree that breakfast is life? I’m obsessed with this meal and it’s usually my largest meal of the day. I try to fill up on healthy carbs, protein, fiber, etc.
Since I shared on Instagram that I had started a weight loss/healthy lifestyle journey a year ago; I’ve had a few questions come my way about what my eating/workout routine looks like. I had previously shared how I get my day started in this post. Let’s start with the best meal of the day . . .
1. Van’s Protein Waffles– I eat one of these everyday, sometimes two a day. They make quick, healthy eating possible. I like to top mine with almond butter and a half of a banana.
2. Peanut Butter Overnight Oats– I always thought I was one of those people that could only do hot oatmeal. I was wrong, this recipe is my LIFE, I have it memorized and basically eat this daily. I do change up the protein based on what I have on hand. I can tell you, just as good with chocolate or vanilla.
3. Half of a grapefruit- Need I say more? Seriously the best citrus and so good for you. I eat this daily, I really saw a boost in my metabolism once I started eating this and I crave this fruit now.
These are basically my go to’s because I’m busy and these are quick. I have other favorites too! See below quick round up. . .
- Turkey bacon, about 4 slices
- Green smoothie with this protein
Share your breakfast favorites in the comments! Always open to ALL the breakfast ideas.