I love gifting my kids shoes for the holidays because, A it is something they NEED and B, my kids weirdly get really excited about shoes! Finding cute kid shoe options is my JAM. I prefer finding adorable shoes and am more likely to splurge on a good pair of quality shoes for the kids, over clothing. I am sharing my top picks for boys & girls this year. You can’t go wrong with any of these and all brands I have personally owed & put on my own kids since they were babes! If your kid doesn’t get excited about seeing shoes under the tree, just say they were from mom & dad and not Santa! 😉
1. See Kai Run Everyday Shoes- This is topping my list this year, because these everyday high tops are SO cute! See Kai Run is sold right on Zappos or Nordstrom and has been a favorite brand of mine for years. The quality of their shoe is so good. I am obsessed with the design on the girl high tops and my boy choices go with EVERYTHING! *Bonus*- They are having an amazing Black Friday sale with savings of 20%-60% off! Marley’s shoes pictured below are only $36 (regular $65!).
2. See Kai Run Snow Boots- Since I love the everyday shoe so much, you know I had to get the snow boots too! If you live in a cold weather state & get snow or even only see frost, these are a must this winter. They are not only insulated and waterproof but one of the great benefits of the See Kai Run brand is that their shoes open wider at the top. I love this because my kids can put them on themselves (making it less of a hassle for us to get out the door!). They have some snow boots marked down in their sale also!
3. Hunter Boots- If you have followed me for awhile you know that I live in my Hunter boots and the same goes for my kids in the spring, summer and fall. The boots are not warm (unless you get boot socks) so I don’t think they are great for the snow, but, we live in these when it rains. I don’t ever worry about the kids feet getting wet and I don’t have to stop them if they are jumping in puddle. They offer so many classic designs and I just love the overall style of these boots. They are a bit of an investment boot for kids, but my kids typically fit into their boots for more than one season which is nice!
4. Tom’s Slip on Style Shoes– Another shoe that I buy for myself and the kids! Tom’s always has the cutest designs, both of my kids own multiple pairs. One of my favorite features is the easy slip on style. Marley lives in those rose gold Mary Jane’s they go with SO much!
5. Native Boy & Girl Sneakers– I love these sneakers! We don’t own any Native sneakers but the kids lived in their water shoes all summer. these will definitely be under our tree this year because Native shoes are so comfortable & breathable. I love how many styles they offer so if you don’t like these they have hundreds of color options and different styles as well!
6. Mini Melissa Girl Shoes– These are some of my favorite splurge shoes for Marley. You can typically find them on sale at Nordstrom or Nordstom Rack though! They smell like strawberries and they are just an overall great “girly” shoe. We have owned a few styles and Marley still requests to wear her Mini Mouse style that she wore in Disney. These do run small, I suggest sizing up one if you buy them.
7. People Footwear– This is a relatively new brand to us, we received their shoes this fall and we all love them! They slip right on and fit TTS. The kids can typically throw them on themselves with ease. Kellan has worn his almost everyday to preschool because they go with just about everything. In my opinion you can wear them for everyday play or dress them up! They also offer adult sizes and I love my grey pair!
Shop all of my favorite styles below!