*Gifted courtesy tickets in exchange for a review.*
From the second the idea of doing Disney with our kids popped into my head, I couldn’t stop obsessing over it! Most of our friends and family said we were a little crazy for taking two toddlers to Disney since they won’t remember it. I, however, beg to differ! I went all out trying to make this a truly magical and memorable experience and vacation for them (check out how we surprised them with the trip in this post!)
I’ve since learned, I am indeed not crazy and people are taking children as young as infants to Disney! It truly is such a magical experience and I’m so glad my kids got to experience it! Now on to the nitty gritty stuff. Let’s talk what to prepare for when going to the Magical Kingdom with two toddlers because that was no joke.
You can find my post here where I link up some of my favorite Disney clothing and accessory finds. I snagged two adorable kid sized travel back packs for the kids and stuffed it with Target dollar section finds. Another tip, if you have the store 5 below near you check them out! Everything is the store is marked $5 and under and I found some cute activities that kept them busy there. Also, SNACKS! My kids get hangry real quick so keeping blood sugar up was a big priority of mine. For more of my travel specific tips, head to this post!
We arrived in Orlando on Sunday and spent the entire day exploring and playing at our hotel, Animal Kingdom Lodge. Our kids were fascinated by the animals and the entire building, they also loved the safari feel of the lodge and the pools! We had an amazing experience at this hotel. I do wish that they had double rooms for a less expensive option but we went with a single room that had bunk beds. We asked for a crib for Marley and the staff was very quick to bring that up to accommodate us. We all ended up sleeping great in the room!
Monday we spent the most of the day at The Magical Kingdom. Here’s a run down of tips I’ve learned and well as what I’ve heard from others of your doing Disney with young kids.
1. Bring your own water and snacks. I mentioned in this post that I grabbed the kids two new water bottles from Target before leaving. I refilled these often, for free, at the Starbucks locations in Magical Kingdom.
2. Get there early! The park opens at 8AM for most and you want to get there to prepare for lines. What I learned is there a wait for a lot of things. There are lines to enter the park, to get through security, to get on the monorail, etc. If you get there early you can hop on some rides before the lines get really long. Our first (and favorite) ride was the Dumbo ride!
3. Book your fast passes early and do your research. I talked with other moms who had done Disney and The Magical Kingdom to find out where to best utilize our fast passes. I had originally booked a fast pass for it’s a small world however I ended up changing it because someone said this ride rarely has a long line thus no need for a fast pass.
4. Kids under 3 are FREE! I actually did not know this when we decided on Disney. Marley was completely free and she is at the age where she still had SO much fun! Take advantage of going to Disney with young kids.
5. Bring a stroller. Trust me, you’ll want it and the kids will want it. Our double stroller by Delta had a shade which allowed some protection from the sun when it got to be too hot. Also, bring a small portable fan! They are expensive in the park so better to grab one before you go. It was HOT in that June Florida sun, we also located a small splash pad area (near the Dumbo ride) where Kellan got soaked and couldn’t have been happier! This cooled him off (on that note, be sure to remember changes of clothing!)
I wish we could’ve spent 2-3 more days exploring Disney. You honestly could see something new everyday. The staff is beyond wonderful and they truly make it the “most magical place on earth.” We will definitely be planning more trips in the coming years. This is another reason I didn’t really mind going early, I know we will back and the memories will only continue to build!