I can’t believe that 2018 has come and gone and we are now nearly at the end of January! I can’t let this month escape me without sharing a few goals I have for myself this year. I prefer to set realistic goals for myself and very rarely set a “resolution”. In 2017 I set very attainable small goals regarding my post postpartum weight loss and I feel that is why I had success. I started out slow and steady and eventually would change different things (amount I worked out, my diet, adding more water, etc.). It can be hard and discouraging if you immediately set yourself up for failure.
OK, so let me get started. I am going to do a roundup of my top goals for this year, in no particular order.
- Be a more patient mother. I get easily frustrated and I am working on this constantly.
- Spend even more time working on my marriage. We actually did good at this in 2018. We traveled, went on dates or even planned things at home together. I want to keep working on this in 2019.
- Consistently blog. I had a few months where I did good in 2018 but sometimes I just got lazy about this in all honestly. Balancing it all can be a challenge some days. I want to work on this and plan and prep content better. I am thinking of starting a “Friday Favorites” post to keep myself accountable.
- Keep challenging myself creatively on my Instagram and continue growing my Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook audience.
- Take time for self care daily. Meditation, exercise, a few quiet alone moments or even getting my nails done once a month make me feel like a new person. I’ve learned I need one on one time with myself to feel my best.
OK, so that is my start. I like to think of a year in quarters and adjust, add, amend as needed. I am always learning and growing as a person so I think my goals for the year need to reflect that. Happy 2019 everyone!!